Monday, November 23, 2009

Inquiry Progress #1

In the last two week, I have been working on teaching our family and home unit. As these are second grade students we have previously learned about the family in fits grade, and now we have been working on the different areas of the house. I presented the difference areas of the house by the TPRS (Total Physical Response Story Telling). I used French only by acting the story out, like “I shower in the bathroom” bys saying it while acting like I am showering. I did that with all the different areas of the house. The students had the chance to participate by acting and the others had to actually word what the students was acting.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very interactive. I have never heard of TPRS- is this something you do often in your class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I participated in many TPRS workshops. I found it very helful because it catchs the students' attention and it keeps them engaged.

    ReplyDelete